THE TEACHING OF SOCIAL PROMOTION: THE BEGINNING OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY ...
A decree established the focus of personal and professional integration of students. The way was open to the modularization of training courses, the capitalization of success with reference to capacity, the valuation of acquired anywhere forged.
What is the teaching of social promotion (EPS)?
The EPS is part on the dynamics of education throughout life and offers adults (minimum age varies across levels of education and may even, in some cases down to 15) a wide range of training, organized on a permanent or occasional, high school or higher.
What are its missions?
The decree of April 16, 1991 provides that the EPS continues two purposes:
- Contribute to personal development by encouraging improvements in occupational, social, educational and cultural (personal development);
- Needs and training requests from businesses, government, education and the general, socio-economic and liberal (societal needs).
Flexibility: the cutting of the teaching modules allows everyone, according to its profile and objectives, to find training that leads to recognized certification.
Certification: The EPS is organized into "learning units" (UF) may be capitalized to obtain a title of "section" after a successful integrated test. The success of a UF is entitled to a certificate of achievement. The success of a section is punishable, at the secondary level, a certificate (e.g. CESS) or a Certificate of Qualification (CQ) and at the level to higher education, a diploma (certificate of higher education, bachelor and master).
Validation of: within each institution EPS, Faculty Council is hereby authorized to consider the skills acquired outside education (professional experience, personal training ...), access to education, their process and sanction.
Opening: The EPS has many institutional partners from the world of business that enable it to provide concrete and practical training to students but also to provide multiple and varied formations that can even meet needs temporary and / or urgent.
The Teaching of Social Welfare is:
- 163 schools (234 locations)
- More than 150,000 students and 30,000 students, including within higher education (for comparison, secondary education usually had full function 345 000 students during the school year 2009-2010)
- 10 000 staff members;
- nearly 170 nationalities represented among the student population;
- 2.5 million times (50 minutes) course held annually (70% in secondary education and 30% in higher education);
- a thousand year agreements with numerous partners (professional, FOREM, CPAS, local missions ...).
You will find all the details of institutions for social promotion on the page Directory of schools for social promotion.