The pass in practice education
The cards will be distributed to teachers by school principals and school heads in colleges and high schools in January 2012. This new pass will be valid for Education 2012-2015.
Pass the education figures
- + 30%: the increase museum attendance by teachers between 2009 and 2011 pass through the education
- More than 150: the number of cultural sites that teachers can access for free with the pass education
- 850,000: the number of teachers who will feature the Pass Education
- 2.3 billion: that is the state investment in favor of arts education and cultural
The transmission of culture is at the heart of the teaching profession. It was necessary that it be better recognized. This has been done since April 2009, pass through the education that has just been renewed until 2015.
The pass education is an instrument of cultural education and more broadly the combination of customs and the school, which is at the heart of education policy.
To convey an artistic culture and heritage to each student, encourage the encounter with the works and encourage an artistic practice, the Ministry of Education in partnership with the Ministry of Culture has taken concrete steps:
- a teaching art history for each student
- artistic practice encouraged
- culture at the heart of the new high school
Teaching of art history has been introduced at all levels and for all students. The school establishes its mission is to send all students a common artistic culture made of essential references but also educating the eye to understand their heritage environment.
- At school, the history of art is apparent in the curriculum since September 2008. Thus, the CE2 to CM2, the teaching of art practice and art history is 78 hours each year, including 20 hours specifically dedicated to the history of art.
- College and high school, he is teaching a cross worn by all subjects was enrolled in the programs over their rewrites.
Meanwhile, cultural organizations are mobilizing to support strongly support this teaching and teacher training the teaching of art history and strengthens partnerships between schools and civilizing structures.
In addition, since October 2009, portal history of arts was established by the Ministry of Culture and Communication. It provides access to 4000 records digital resources, with the educational resources produced by heritage sites and creation. This portal was developed in 2010 and reorganized by the presentation of the territory.
Symbol of this new cultural momentum, a festival of art history has been created. Its first edition was held in Fontainebleau from 27 to 29 May 2011. Part of the conferences and meetings was specifically designed for teachers and managers of national education.
- Artistic practice encouraged
I offered to all college students and schoolchildren from schools in priority education and overseas, this device allows them, in effect, offering a complimentary one academic support, sporting activities but also artistic.
In total about one million students are concerned. In college, 24% of those who received educational support over the years have practiced artistic and cultural activities. At school, the figure brings to 31%. These activities are often organized in partnership with local cultural structures.
Other devices have experienced strong growth in recent years:
- The school choirs involving nearly one million students, 150,000 college students and 10,000 high-school students
- Classes with special timetables, music or dance, which allow artistic practice intensively during the school-as they grow and now enroll nearly 25,000 school children and college students throughout the country. The first classes to theater timetables were launched in September 2009.
- Orchestral practices at school and college, encouraged by a circular being signed by both departments, as they participate strongly in the goal of democratization of culture at the service of the success of each student.
The overall high school reform and technology involved in September 2010 was an opportunity to place culture at the heart of school life.
- Education exploration entitled "creations and artistic activities" (1:30 per week) is proposed since September 2010, for students of second.
- Parallel, optional arts lessons (three hours per week) are extended and related field's plastics, film, audiovisual, dance, art history, music, theater.
- A "reference culture" has been designated in each facility. This teacher is compensated specifically responsible for coordinating the cultural life within the school to inform students about liberal events and partnerships with outside.
Inaugurated in October 2010, the platform "film school," allows students to organize screenings of films by collective heritage, within their institution.
With over 150 masterpieces of world cinema proposed to the original, this platform-demand film contributes to the spread of film culture shared, but also to language learning and development of high school life.
Since October 2010, over 4,000 screenings were held in high schools.
Complementary, device's image education developed in partnership with the National Film Center to allow school children, college students and high-school students to go see movies in room have experienced strong growth during recent years. They now involve more than one and a half million student.
Finally, a new platform soon proposed recordings of live shows and documentaries and documentary art to give students greater access to all forms of artistic expression.